Our registered dietitian, Char Kooima, provides all areas of nutrition education over the life-span including:
• childhood obesity
• eating disorders/disordered eating
• food allergies
• gastrointestinal disease such as crohn’s disease, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, short bowel syndrome and more
• cardiovascular disease that require heart healthy diet
• blood pressure management
• sports nutrition meal planning for training and events
• elderly – advanced disease state and management of end of life nutrition and hydration, including assisting with Home Health & Hospice families
• pulmonary- COPD
• wound care
• weight loss/management – IBT (Intensive Behavioral Therapy) program
Char also provides nutrition services to hospital inpatients and Prairie Ridge Care Center residents — in addition to outpatients — working in conjunction with family physicians.
She also works closely with the health system’s dining services staff to ensure compliance with state regulations and menu adequacy.