A message from Marty Guthmiller, Chief Executive Officer, Orange City Area Health System
On behalf of our nearly 600 employees – who live and work by our Core Values every day – we want to say THANK YOU!
THANK YOU for observing important social distancing guidelines during this unprecedented coronavirus outbreak. Not only does “sheltering” help protect you and your loved ones, it assists our health system team in being able to care for both acute and well patients during this challenging time. Please continue to adhere to the “rules” as set forth by our national and state leaders. Be vigilant. Stay strong. Stay healthy.
THANK YOU for trusting Orange City Area Health System to be your partner, now and through a lifetime of care. Our Incident Command process is in place and is designed for situations such as that which we are facing today. You can be confident that our entire employee team – from incident command leadership to patient caregivers on the front lines to all the support staff at each of our facilities and campuses – are approaching their responsibilities seriously and safely.
Finally, THANK YOU for relying on credible sources for information and updates regarding coronavirus/COVID-19 – including Community Health Partners, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control. You can find links to those sources – as well as our local updates – on our web site page. You can also stay in the loop on our Facebook page, which is kept up-to-date via our Incident Command structure.
Be vigilant. Be safe. Be well. Together, “we got this.”
Measures in place throughout our health system facilities
During this time, we have implemented some important measures throughout our campuses to ensure the health, well-being, and safety of the people we serve in this region. These include:
• Opened Well Clinics in the Medical Building at our Orange City campus, and at the Family Medicine Clinic in Hospers.
• Closed our senior care campus (Prairie Ridge Care Center and Landsmeer Ridge Retirement Community) to visitors, as well as to resident/ tenant outside excursions.
• Restricted visitation and patient support in our hospital, ER, and birth center.
• Closed dining services at the PuddleJumper Grille to the public.
• Postponed elective surgeries to conserve Personal Protective Equipment supplies.
• Implemented screening protocols at each of our facilities.
• Initiated phone outreach to seniors in our community to assist with specific needs.
Our Incident Command Team, as well as all of our skilled and courageous patient care and support personnel, are focused and prepared to meet the challenges we face. Thank you for trusting us to be your partners for a lifetime of care. Call 712-737-2000 with questions.