Test Iowa, the state’s free COVID-19 testing program, will transition from offering COVID-19 testing at drive-through locations throughout the state to providing Iowans access to free, self-administered test kits.
Beginning Friday, July 16, Iowans may choose to pick up a test kit from a site in their community (e.g. Orange City Area Health System) or have a kit sent to their home at no cost. Each test kit includes step-by-step instructions including how to activate the test kit, collect the test sample, return sample to the State Hygienic Lab, and when to expect results. The Test Iowa site include instructions features a test kit site locator tool. There are approximately 125 pick-up sites registered throughout the state.
Please note: as of July 16, Orange City Area Health System (OCAHS) no longer offers on-site walk-in Test Iowa testing (e.g. for travel purposes), but serves as a kit pick-up site. Kits can be picked up at the Emergency Room desk or Main Campus Clinic admissions desk.
• OCAHS is NOT a drop off site. Kits are to be dropped off at a FedEx box. In Orange City, there is one at Dutch Mart.
• This is a PCR test.
• Results are returned in about 24 -48hrs.
• These will work for travel.
• Insurance WILL NOT cover COVID testing for travel through the clinic. However, your physician may order a COVID-19 test at a clinic appointment for a medical diagnosis.
• The kit must be activated at TestIowa.com. Results are emailed directly to the patient.
• Please direct all questions to 833-286-8378.