Sleep Studies at Orange City Area Health System
Sleep problems and lack of quality sleep can affect everything from your quality of life, work productivity, and relationships – to your cardiovascular system and overall health. Compounding the problem is that most people know when to seek help from physical discomfort such as pain, but sleep problems are often overlooked or ignored. In fact, the overwhelming majority of people with sleep disorders are undiagnosed and untreated.
Should your sleep be evaluated?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do people tell you that you snore?
- Has anyone ever told you that you have pauses in breathing or that you gasp for breath when you sleep?
- Are you so tired when you wake up in the morning that you have trouble functioning throughout the day?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Do you regularly have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a complete sleep evaluation should be considered and discussed with your physician.
Sleep Testing accommodations at Orange City Area Health System
We know how important a good night’s sleep is in helping your body restore and function at its best. Our sleep rooms are spacious with full-size regular beds to ensure your comfort and privacy during a sleep study.
A sleep study by SomniTech is a noninvasive, pain-free procedure that usually requires spending a night or two in our sleep rooms while various physiological parameters are monitored. After a study, the data is tabulated by a technologist and presented to a board-certified sleep physician for interpretation.
Or learn more at SomniTech.com.