ABOUT PATIENT COMMENTS …
The Orange City Area Health System makes every effort to provide the best possible customer service to our patients and their families. As part of that effort we request that our patients complete a satisfaction survey. Listed below are some of the recent comments we have received. We take pride that we are able to provide a level of care that meets the needs and expectations of our patients.
- The nurses were so caring – Can give really good backrubs – very helpful with baths.
- Words can’t express how I felt about the nurses. Our requests and needs were met. They were very outstanding, loved them. My daughter’s provider is very skilled.
- We were very pleased with her and the way she took all my daughters concerns to heart. Very well-mannered doctor! The cleaning lady was so friendly. The kitchen staff was so kind and also accommodating to me as a parent! The nurses were wonderful – so kind and thoughtful!!! The aides took amazing care of our son! The x-ray staff did a great job considering our son was feeling lousy! Lab was very kind each and every day! A big thank you to our son’s doctor who treated him both in the ER and then as an inpatient. Kind, thoughtful, honest and encouraging! OCAHS is a great hospital! Thank you!
- The admission’s clerk checked us in and did a wonderful job and was very friendly. When calling in our meals, the people were so friendly to work with and went the extra mile multiple times to meet our desires. Way to go! Our nurses all did a wonderful job! We were so blessed by them. The delivery nurse was so caring and did a wonderful job. The doctor did a fantastic job! It’s so wonderful to see a physician care for you not only as a patient but as a fellow brother and sister in Christ. Our discharge nurse did a wonderful job too! It was great to see what a great teaching hospital OCAHS is. My sister was in on delivery due to the fact that she wants to go into the medical field. It was wonderful how the nurses, doctors, and anesthetist all took the time to explain things to her. Thank you for that!
- Our family was treated with great care and compassion.
- The nurse working in the ER was very professional, the doctor was thorough. Excellent transition from ER to floor – great staff.
- Friendly staff – answered all our questions. We were very pleased with personal touch.
- Everyone was very helpful, friendly and thorough. The anesthesiologist is very friendly and good at his job. He made sure I was completely comfortable in the surgery room.
- All staff were very courteous, professional and put me at ease. Thank you!
- Everyone from the time I walked in the door at registration until the time I left, I felt the concern for my concern for my health and well-being and the encouragement that I get answers to my medical issues. My family member felt welcome and wasn’t ignored – that put me more at ease during my procedure. That means as much to a patient as does the patient being treated well!
- A smile from the person at the info desk – and friendly staff from that time on – when I was released I was walked to the door by a smiling RN – reminding – to call hospital if I had any other questions. Staff – knowledgeable, friendly, helpful. Hospital – clean, large rooms, restrooms for non-patients spotless, smell fresh. Good food – tastes like homemade.
Laboratory, Radiology/Imaging, Oncology
- We are very fortunate to have OCAHS in our area and so accessible. Thanks for all you do to maintain this excellent facility!
- Everyone was very congenial and helpful. Easy conversing with everyone.
- OCAHS is blessed to have the quality of staff they have hired. I feel they are a family working together to provide excellent care and service to all who enter their doors.
- This provider was fabulous with our daughter, who is 8 and was in for an ear infection. She explained everything to both of us in a manner that we both understood, and I felt very confident in her care! She answered all of my questions and was extremely helpful! Will definitely visit her again!
- I cannot speak highly enough of this provider and all I come in contact with at OCAHS. It is an absolute joy to consider them my primary care provider.
- The ad slogan of “Can I have it here?” was quite meaningful as I experienced a surgical procedure “close to home.” As a hospital employee, I was able to experience the excellent care of my surgery co-workers and also that of the med-surg nursing staff. I and my family were treated with dignity and respect and definitely felt “cared for” by the professional and very well-qualified staff. What a blessing to return only blocks away for follow-up appointments and on-going treatment from an excellent physical therapy group as well. Thanks to all of you!