ABOUT PATIENT COMMENTS …
The Orange City Area Health System makes every effort to provide the best possible customer service to our patients and their families. As part of that effort we request that our patients complete a satisfaction survey. Listed below are some of the comments we have received. We take pride that we are able to provide a level of care that meets the needs and expectations of our patients.
- I have been in quite a few hospitals and this is by far the best!
- Room was always clean; food was good! All of the nurses were very concerned and were top-notch. They seemed to really enjoy their job – always had great care!
- All hospital employees were very kind and caring – exceptionally so! We are blessed with caring physicians and capable surgeons. I’m almost tempted to get sick on purpose. OCAHS is an extra-ordinary institution of mercy!
- Great follow-up care. Still needed their help and everything was set up at home. They really shared with me and helped me see what I need to do in the future!
- We enjoyed the nurses that helped us with the arrival of our baby. One nurse was especially good at explaining everything about the c-section. Very nice!
- I was given a sandwich at almost midnight after laboring through dinner! Great nurse! Excellent hospital, excellent care! Have already recommended OCAHS to others!
- The doctor on call was very kind and made sure I felt comfortable with the course of action taken on my daughter. The ER nurse and trainee were extremely kind and very welcoming. I couldn’t improve it! As a patient myself, as well as my daughter, I’ve never had a displeasing experience at OCAHS. Under the circumstances, I didn’t want to be in the ER, but I found that the ER was not scary and didn’t take forever – it was just as friendly as the rest of the hospital! I couldn’t imagine a better place to be!
- The doctor was very understanding, caring and compassionate.
- Very pleased with OCAHS from the time we checked into ER to the time we left. Makes me and my family feel great knowing that we have such a wonderful hospital in our area!
- I appreciated the way I was treated and how extremely helpful the doctor, his nurse, and his receptionist were. My experience was perfect. I am visiting my son and am from South Africa. When I fell sick and went to the doctor, I needed a procedure done urgently, but the insurance had to give their approval. He and his staff sorted everything out for me in a day’s time and the doctor could proceed to help me. I have only admiration for your staff and hospital. God bless and thank you!
- The concern and compassion was way beyond expectation.
- Love the nursing staff – friendly, patient, and polite!
- The doctors, nurses, anesthetists, etc., were very good with our daughter and took very good care of her. They showed a lot of compassion for her and for us and were willing to get us anything we needed.
- Thank you for coordinating with my specialist and allowing me to have this surgery close to home. Not having to drive a distance means a lot when you are in pain.
- Everyone is very knowledgeable. The nurses remembered us from previous visits! Always such a clean place. Thank you!
- Everything was excellent from my admitting nurse, my procedure nurse, amazing surgery tech, awesome anesthetist, wonderful surgeon, and my great post op nurse. Kudos to the OCAHS surgery department!
- I appreciated the promptness and being greeted with a “good morning” and a smile! They explained everything clearly and in detail. You continue to be #1 – we are proud of OCAHS!
Laboratory, Radiology/Imaging, Oncology
- Everyone was very congenial and helpful. Easy conversing with everyone.
- OCAHS is blessed to have the quality of staff they have hired. I feel they are a family working together to provide excellent care and service to all who enter their doors.
- Whenever I need to be seen by a doctor, they are always very good during examination and in answering any questions that I may have. I always feel good when I leave knowing that I had a good checkup.
- I have been to your clinic in Orange City and Hospers three times now and I love it!! Your staff are friendly, knowledgeable, thorough and professional. You have a new patient – I am completely satisfied!
- They all work together like a “smooth running machine.” they make me feel like “I’m most important” at that time.
- This provider is the best practitioner I have ever had! He listens and is very caring. He explains everything to you so you understand it.
- My doctor and nurse are very good. My wife can’t walk very well, but the nurse sees us coming and meets us and helps us before we get to the door. If my wife is having a bad day, the nurse can tell and will give her a hug which makes my wife so happy! We enjoy visits to the clinic because of her.