ABOUT PATIENT COMMENTS …
The Orange City Area Health System makes every effort to provide the best possible customer service to our patients and their families. As part of that effort we request that our patients complete a satisfaction survey. Listed below are some of the comments we have received. We take pride that we are able to provide a level of care that meets the needs and expectations of our patients.
- The room was very comfortable, food was great, the nurses were wonderful – all showed genuine concern and respect. The visitors even commented how nice the nurses were. Totally cared about my overall health. Great experience; have told everyone this is the place to go.
- The room was “homey” and not sterile, very comfortable and great for my visitors. Loved the decor! Meals were always prompt. Great food! So nice to order what I wanted to eat … best hospital experience ever! The nurses were friendly and professional. The atmosphere was warm and inviting.
- We moved to Orange City over a year ago and I tell everyone what a wonderful hospital/clinic this is. Now that I’ve been a patient (surgery), I can firmly attest to this! Admission was smooth and efficient. Great cleaning girls – very thorough and friendly. A very sweet girl brought the food up, opened everything, and asked what else she could do for me. Can’t say enough about the nurses and their care – super!
- We enjoyed the nurses that helped us with the arrival of our baby. One nurse was especially good at explaining everything about the c-section. Very nice!
- I was given a sandwich at almost midnight after laboring through dinner! Great nurse! Excellent hospital, excellent care! Have already recommended OCAHS to others!
- Everyone was very respectful. Concern and care were great!
- The doctor on call was very kind and made sure I felt comfortable with the course of action taken on my daughter. The ER nurse and trainee were extremely kind and very welcoming. I couldn’t improve it! As a patient myself, as well as my daughter, I’ve never had a displeasing experience at OCAHS. Under the circumstances, I didn’t want to be in the ER, but I found that the ER was not scary and didn’t take forever – it was just as friendly as the rest of the hospital! I couldn’t imagine a better place to be!
- The doctor was very understanding, caring and compassionate.
- Very pleased with OCAHS from the time we checked into ER to the time we left. Makes me and my family feel great knowing that we have such a wonderful hospital in our area!
- The best thing is that it is here in town where I live. We have a great facility – second to none! I have been in a couple of big city hospitals and have visited others as well.
- Very friendly, not a lot of waiting. Not a lot of big words to try to understand. Everyone takes time to make sure we understand.
- The nurse was very caring and sensitive regarding the situation and surgery. She was aware of past history and circumstances surrounding people that were involved and went above and beyond what she needed to do to provide reassurance to family by checking on me throughout the recovery process. Additionally was very professional and informative. Felt very comfortable and safe throughout experience. Also appreciated the follow-up call.
Laboratory, Radiology/Imaging, Oncology
- Everyone was very congenial and helpful. Easy conversing with everyone.
- OCAHS is blessed to have the quality of staff they have hired. I feel they are a family working together to provide excellent care and service to all who enter their doors.
- I recommend Orange City Area Health System all the time to people I know. I think it’s one of the best care facilities that I’ve had in my 75 years (and I’ve lived in different big cities for many years of my life).
- I feel my provider really listens to me and works to find the reason for what is wrong with me. She doesn’t just give me the “easy answer.” She treats everything going on with me.
- I cannot speak highly enough in regards to the entire group at the Mill Creek Family Practice clinic. Their personability and professionalism is top-notch!
- My doctor and nurse are very good. My wife can’t walk very well, but the nurse sees us coming and meets us and helps us before we get to the door. If my wife is having a bad day, the nurse can tell and will give her a hug which makes my wife so happy! We enjoy visits to the clinic because of her.